Why micro-influencers outperform celebrities when leveraging UGC for e-commerce
Many people think big celebrity influencers are the big catch when fishing for growth. Statistics show that the contrary is true. It is the micro-influencer dishing up the larger share of payoffs.
This is great news for Vyrill whose powerful, in-video search and content marketing tools help brands find and leverage user-generated video content.
"User-generated content continues to prove itself as one of the most powerful tools in a marketer’s arsenal," according to TINT whose recent article Big List of User-Generated Content Stats, January 28, 2021 highlights the mind-blowing numbers on the trend;
Micro-influencers are here to stay.
As influencer marketing continues to evolve, more and more marketers are finding that uber-influencers with their enormous followings are not driving action like they used to. Micro-influencers activated en-masse are more engaging, higher performing, and cost-effective alternative to digital celebrities.
• 75% of marketers are currently working with micro-influencers. (State of UGC 2021 Report)
• 300% increase in the number of micro-influencers used by companies since 2016.
• Only 14% of influencers are fully compliant with the Federal Trade Commission and the Competition and Markets Authority.
• Micro-influencers see 7x the amount of engagement over mega-influencers, and that number is even higher on TikTok.
What’s the use of an Influencer Campaign?
• 40% of companies run influencer campaigns to spread awareness.
• 36% of companies use influencer campaigns to drive sales.
• 24% of companies use influencer campaigns to specifically encourage and obtain user-generated content.
• 47% of marketers will spend their influencer budget on micro-influencers.
While there's a fascination with celebs, fans see more of themselves in their favorite micro-influencers who are just regular folks sharing their passion online.
If 80% of social media livestream viewers say they’re likely to buy a product as a result of the endorsement of their favorite influencers, we can all agree it's a smart business move to harness the power of user-generated content.
Vyrill helps brands do just that.
Click to read the full article here...