We Are Federation Brewing
We've been brewing beer together for 4 years, but have known each other most of lives (Aram and Matthew met in junior high, and Larry is Aram's dad!). In March 2017, we opened up a taproom in Oakland.
How We'll Bring More People to Our Bar
We intend to implement a more complete and exciting tasting room experience with guided tours, tastings, festivals and events, coupled with a strong marketing effort to promote and execute a cohesive branding strategy. We have done street-level and facade improvements to attract foot traffic, can increase our operating hours, and intend to expand our offering of regular events, which currently include:
- Game nights, comedy nights, DJs
- Mug club: yearly membership for perks
- Parties: Oktoberfest, beer releases, business staff parties, birthday and wedding party events
- Pints2Pledge: a night during which we donate $1 per beer sold to local nonprofits, including the Social Justice Collaborative, Oakland Better Birth Foundation, The Beat Within, Center for Urban Excellence, the Eritrean Community Center, Hip Hop for Change and others.
We also joined forces with the three other breweries in the neighborhood to found the Jack London Brewing District in order to cooperate on joint block parties, walking tours, and collaboration brews.
We're Raising Funds to Expand Sales
We're raising funds to expand our sales through:
- Expanded production
- Additional product offerings
- Additional restaurant, bar and market accounts in the SF Bay Area
- Improved marketing and design
- Opening a second taproom