A Future Equity Agreement (SAFE) gives you the right to future shares in the company. If you invest, you're betting the company will be worth more than $6M eventually.
Waxelene has a massive following, particularly among people with eczema and sensitive skin. Many A-List celebrities won't leave home without their Waxelene. After having the flagship Multi-Purpose Ointment on the selves of over 15,000 stores, Waxelene is ready to expand.
Over 2 million units have already been sold. There are literally hundreds of thousands of regular customers who RELY on Waxelene. The team polled them and the verdict is out:
Waxelene makes the best products for sensitive skin! The fans want Waxelene to be present in every aspect of their skin care routine because it make them feel like the best version of themselves.
The Waxelene team has been behind the scenes developing a sensitive skin care range that is certified organic and reef safe. Years of work have gone into making these products more luxurious than anything you have ever experienced.
The partnership with Skin Safe means that the new products can be rigorously tested by targeted focus groups. Skin Safe utilizes 25+ years of data from the Mayo Clinic and a network of patients who have been patch tested to determine their specific sensitivities.
The funding from this round multiplies the number of products that can have a fully supported trial period and introduction to the market. This immediately scales revenue and expands customer acquisition.
The packaging for the new range will be sustainable and a portion of sales go to remove plastic from the waterways and plant trees.
An investment in Waxelene has a positive impact on the lives of every day people and sets an example for environmental responsibility. Plus it get's a piece of future equity!
Keep reading to learn more about Waxelene's success, future plans, huge market potential, jaw-dropping exit comps, and carefully planned exit strategy.
Waxelene's flagship product, the Multi-Purpose Ointment, is an international best seller. It has been a top ten best-seller in every region of Whole Foods. Famous for it's patented aeration process, it is super popular for a reason. Thousands of customers swear by it as the only thing that works for their eczema.
Waxelene's clay mud masks are a cut above the rest. They are packaged dry so they do not need any chemical preservatives. This allows the natural probiotic benefits of the clay to shine through. It also makes it a great value.
In 2020 Waxelene introduced a product collaboration with Hilaria Baldwin, one of the worlds top mom influencers. The Calming Ointment allows parents to care for their children's skin while also calming them with lavender aromatherapy.
Waxelene is an insider secret among Hollywood actors and actresses. They get paid to look their best, so when they find something that works they stick to it.
Watch this space for some exciting new celebrity + Waxelene collaborations.
Many Waxelene customers have had life-changing results, and THOUSANDS have been so thrilled that they've shared their experience in online reviews:
Our customers send us their before and after pictures. They tell us that they want to help other families find Waxelene products. It's all about helping people by spreading the word.
Waxelene is developing a range of organic sensitive skin body wash, shampoo, conditioner and more. Tens of thousands of people with sensitive skin already rely on Waxelene for relief. The same care and attention to detail that has made all of Waxelene's products highly effective, simple, natural, enjoyable to use, and packaged responsibly will be given to this new range.
For this product line, Waxelene has joined the Developed with SkinSAFE program. SkinSAFE is an ingredient-based recommendation platform that helps individuals with sensitive skin find products that are safe for them, and their product ratings are backed by 25+ years of clinical data and science. Through the Developed with SkinSAFE program, Waxelene will be working with their team on the formulation of each product to choose ingredients that are safe for sensitive skin. Additionally, products will be tested following the safety standards set by the team at SkinSAFE which helps ensure the safest products for sensitive skin.
Total Available Market
The global beauty and personal care products market size was estimated at
USD $519 billion in 2022
and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% from 2023 to 2030.
(According to Grandview Research https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/beauty-personal-care-products-market)
Segmented Available Market
The Segmented Available Market for Natural Personal Care was estimated at
(According to Statista https://www.statista.com/outlook/cmo/beauty-personal-care/personal-care/natural-personal-care/worldwide)
Waxelene revenue DOUBLED in 2 years and almost TRIPLED in 3 years from 2019.
53% Gross Margins in 2022
90% of sales were DTC. 60% of sales are from Amazon US.
The projections assume that the funding goals of this round are met. The fundraising round is kicking off much later in 2023 than expected and therefore revenue scaling will be more apparent in 2024.
The post money valuation of Waxelene after the last round in 2015 was ~$5 million
Forward-looking projections are not guaranteed.
The three critical growth metrics are Customers (C), Frequency (F) and Average Order Value (AOV):
- Companies in the Natural Personal Care space typically get valued at 3-5 times their previous years revenue. (according to https://www.ey.com/en_ca/private/personal-care-m-a-year-in-review)
- Most acquisitions involve companies with $10 million annual revenue or more.
- When Waxelene reaches $2 million per month in revenue, then it will be worth approximately $100 million (projections not guaranteed).
- The goal for Waxelene is to get a sale of the company in 3-5 years. Following our proven growth strategies, according to the projections, the company will be poised for an acquisition at that time. Achieving the target GAR may take longer or may happen sooner than planned. There are no guarantees that there will be a sale event.
- The ideal sale is $50 million to $100 million. While sales of $1 billion do happen in this space, there are fewer buyers at that price point. It would be wise to seek a sale at the $100 million mark where there are more potential buyers.
- The time and value of the sale will be determined by how quickly Waxelene can grow revenue and find the right buyer.
Waxelene is offering the opportunity for anyone (who meets standard Equity Crowdfunding criteria) to invest in the company during this community round.
How it works:
- Click on Invest Now
- Choose the amount you want to invest (minimum $100)
- Follow the prompts to make sure your investment is completed.
- Wefunder will need to verify your identity and confirm that you are eligible to invest.
- Check your emails in case they follow up and check your account to make sure you have confirmation of the investment and related documentation.
What happens next:
- You will get a SAFE note. This stands for Simple Agreement for Future Equity. It is a rolling close so it may take a week or two to finalize everything.
- The SAFE is a placeholder that converts into equity at the next investment round or sale event.
- In order to know how much equity your investment gets, a valuation of Waxelene must be made.
- A valuation of Waxelene will be determined at the next investment round or sale event. Your SAFE will be converted to equity based on that valuation.
- If the pre-money valuation of the next round is $10.6 million or less then the SAFE from this round will convert at 75% of that valuation. This is what 25% discount refers to.
- If the pre-money valuation of the next round is over $10.6 million then the SAFE from this round will convert at an $8 million valuation. That is the what Valuation Cap refers to.
- If there is no future investment rounds or sale events then there will be no return on investments in this round. There is no way to access, sell or refund the investment until the sale event. That is a risk.
Waxelene investors are as cutting edge as it's products. They understand conscious capital and that you can make money and make the world a better place at the same time. The Waxelene community is built on gratitude and love. It's an amazing thing to be a part of. There's no better time to get involved and invest now.