Dear HotelsByDay partners and stakeholders,
Some of you have heard from us multiple times in the last few weeks already, going from a 2019 status report, to an investor's recap, to a personal letter giving you a perspective of where our company stands in the wake of a virus scare.
This is yet another way to let you know that we're here, present for our guests, our hotel partners, and standing strong on our very recent achievements, such as:
- HotelsByDay acquired amenity-focused startup DayAxe
- YOY MRR increased by 55% organically
- YOY hotel onboards increased by 38%
- YOY loyal guests sign-ups increased by 120%
- Acquired a membership program with recurrent revenue
- Launched & strengthened Israel market
- Boosted tech to process check-ins as early as 1AM and check-outs as late as 11PM (a sector innovation)
- Turned red 2019 P&L, back to black
This year we plan to:
- Raise $2.5M to accelerate our growth from $4.5M GBV to $127M GBV by year 5.
- Engineer centralized portal for hotels to monetize all unused spaces: from day rooms to conferences, coworking, amenities, spas, events.
- Grow to become the world's first B2C one-stop shop for all day spaces (the Expedia of day-spaces & events)
Last time we spoke, we were operating in one sector: day-rooms. Now we've broadened our scope and operate in four sectors: day-rooms, cabanas, spas, and pool passes. The vision of becoming the leading booking platform for all on-demand daytime experiences is becoming a reality: You have a few hours available... What would you book today.
To sum-up, on this upcoming economic hibernation, we have taken actions for our company to survive the slump, and eventually come out of it with a renewed sense of purpose and vision.
We can't wait for this scare to be over, so that we all go back to work, and in the meantime, we wish you all a very healthy hiatus.
Privacy: We won’t share your data, or post to your wall, without your permission.
Already have a Wefunder account? Login
Don't have a Wefunder account? Signup