Personalized Online Radio For Electronic Music Fans
DI.FM is devoted entirely to quality electronic music. At other companies such as Pandora, Spotify, and Apple, electronic music has become a commodity that gets lost in the sea of other available music. Listeners have to do a lot of digging to find what they’re looking for. DI.FM is the premiere service for those with a deep passion for electronic music.
Human curation is the central pillar of our mission to continually deliver the best online musical experience. Our reputation is built on filtering content, and our curation allows listeners to enjoy what is termed a “lean back experience.” When you start listening, we want the music to continue to be so good that no skipping is required. Our listeners trust us to play what they want to hear.
Revenue In 2016
Consistent Growth And Retention
We have a very high number of returning subscribers, demonstrating that the service provides a lasting value. 90% of our audience has been listening for over a year, and we have experienced 422% growth in active premium subscribers since 2010.
Our mobile application has been downloaded and installed over 9 million times, and has gained considerable traction over the past 5 years.
Digitally Imported Founded By Ari Shohat
DI.FM founded to share electronic music with fans around the world.
10,000 Concurrent Listeners
Concurrent listener numbers peak at over 10,000 for the first time.
Android App Launch
DI.FM Android App is featured on Google Play resulting in 1.5 Million downloads in a month .
DI.FM surpasses 4 Million Registered Users
Our goal is to progress with our continuous technology improvements and grow the service by acquiring new listeners at a much greater pace than ever before. For user acquisition, we have run a number of tests and have learned our costs for acquiring new listeners and Premium subscribers, and we now know how to do this profitably. Our next steps are centered around marketing through a variety of channels to tell more people about DI.FM, win over new listeners, and then convert them to our paid Premium subscription.
Share In Our Passion For the Vibrancy of Electronic Music
Dear fans of DI.FM and prospective investors,
From humble beginnings in my university dorm room, DI.FM has grown into what is today the largest streaming company dedicated exclusively to electronic music.
I started DI.FM because as I fell in love with the beats and the vibrancy of electronic music, my real passion became sharing and exposing it to others. I had no doubt that many others would love the music as much as I did, but since there was nowhere else to get it I set out to make a way for people to access it from anywhere.
Now with over 90 channel curated by hand, millions of listeners, app downloads, and registered users, DI.FM today continues that same mission of spreading the best electronic music to familiar and new fans alike. In further pursuit of this effort, and for the very first time since I founded the company, DI.FM is briefly opening its doors to a limited investment round, offered here through the Wefunder platform. It’s a new step forward for us, but we’re doing it with the purpose of expanding our reach and accelerating our growth.
We are asking our community of fans and others on Wefunder to invest in DI.FM to help us reach our essential next goals. It’s a unique opportunity and it lets you directly participate in making DI.FM an even bigger success.
While there’s a lot of detail on our Wefunder page, I would like to share with you the most personal reasons why I believe investing in DI.FM now is a good idea:
1) The global electronic music market is valued at $7.1 Billion annually and is growing fast with a 60% increase over the past 3 years. We are well poised to take advantage of it.
2) We live and breathe electronic music. Our approach is both personal and highly specialized, which is why no other streaming company has been able to replicate our knowledge or commitment.
3) As an independent webcaster, we're keeping the full spectrum of electronic music alive and available to the world, not just what's most popular or deemed worthy by some corporate logic or popularity algorithms.
4) We are a music tech company, which means half of our DNA is also in tech. You are not only investing in DI.FM the brand, but into the team, the platform, and the intellectual property which makes it all work.
5) We have had a 422% growth in Active Premium Subscribers since 2010 (32,729 total).
6) Speaking of subscriptions, electronic music fans convert to paid subscriptions at considerably higher levels when compared to many other major music genres. Our audience values niche content, and is willing to pay for a good experience.
7) DI.FM is operated by people with experience who are dedicated to professionalism. We have consistently punched above our weight with the resources available to us, and we will continue and work tirelessly for your investment as well.
8) This is a limited time opportunity to invest. The SEC crowdfunding rules preclude us from raising more than $1 Million per round from non-accredited investors, which applies to the majority of people. This in turn means that we are expecting this round to fill up rather quickly.
I encourage you to look through all the available material posted here on WeFunder to get better acquainted about our business.
I hope that if you’ve made it this far down, then you love what we do and may have the means to join us by investing in our future. Please consider investing in DI.FM to help us grow to the next level.
Let’s make DI.FM a great success, together!
Ari Shohat, Founder and CEO of DI.FM
Click to see Crowdcheck's Verified Check which confirms that the company is complying with the requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Regulation CF.