12 Days of Gratitude
Thanks for being an integral part of our CoPeace community. You’re here because you’re a changemaker — we applaud your commitment to positively impacting causes that help people and the planet. And we’re guessing you want to build wealth for your family, your children, and for generations to come. You’re in the right place. We’re so glad to walk alongside you as partners in this journey of inspiring and affecting positive impacts for mission-aligned organizations.
Together, we can be the change we want to see in the world.
In the spirit of feeling grateful, hopeful, and excited about the fresh start of 2021, we’ve put together 12 ways for you to make a positive impact on those around you & to express gratitude this season. Enjoy!
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a long time. Eliminate distractions and be present for your conversation.
- Pay it forward. Next time you’re at a coffee (or another type of) shop, pay the cashier an extra $5 and let them know you want to buy the next customer’s coffee.
- Support small businesses this holiday season. Rather than buying gifts via Amazon, order a book from your local bookstore or support a local clothing boutique.
- Go through your closet and gather your old warm coats and clothing to donate to the local homeless shelter.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway next time it snows.
- Create handmade holiday cards and send words of love, kindness, and support to everyone on your list this year.
- Start a gratitude journal. Write down three things you’re grateful for every day.
- Choose to support local restaurants (even when you can’t dine in person) — order delivery once/week.
- Leave a nice tip for your restaurant delivery driver.
- Get outside and move your body. Cue up your favorite playlist or podcast, bundle up (if you need to), and soak up the vitamin D on a walk or run.
- Leave post-it notes with positive quotes around your home to remind yourself and your family to be grateful and enjoy the little things that make us all happy. (Fresh-brewed coffee, anyone?!)
- Fill a gratitude jar with notes about happy memories and reminders of good things that happen in your world. Whenever you’re feeling blue, reach into the jar and grab a note to read for an instant mood lift.