Your browser is old and is not supported. Upgrade for better security.

Firehawk Aerospace

The world's safest, most reliable, cost-effective rocket engine

Pitch Video
Investor Panel


1 in 86 launches end in the loss of life. Firehawk's engine is incapable of accidental detonation.
We have 31 hot-fire engine tests and 5 U.S. patents on the 3D printing of rocket fuel.
Unlike typical rocket engines that have hundreds, if not thousands of parts, ours only has 12.
Most engines take 5 to 7 years to design, we can do it in 4 months and at 20% the cost.
The space industry is a soon to be trillion dollar industry that relies on propulsion.
Cumulatively the three founders have invested 6 figures of their own capital into Firehawk.
Working with NASA to develop a rocket engine powered by propellants made on the moon.
Rocket fuel is incredibly hazardous to the environment. Ours is environmentally benign.

Our Team

Hybrid rocket engines have thought to be the ideal engine to use for space due to their safety and simplicity. However, hybrid rocket engines have never performed at a high enough level to compete with liquid rocket engines. We knew there had to be a solution to improve their performance and we discovered that 3D printing the fuel was the key.

We made the world's safest, most reliable, cost-effective rocket engine.

Rocket engines are expensive and dangerous.

Firehawk Aerospace started when Ron Jones (Chairman & Chief Scientist Officer) became fed up with the high cost, high environmental impact, and the extreme hazards of modern rocket engines.

So, we created an engine powered by a new type of rocket fuel.

Ron made it his mission to change the status quo when it comes to rocket propulsion because if we want to expand our reach to space, we can't have rocket engines that take years to develop and tend to blow up...

The 12-Part Firehawk Rocket Engine

The 3D-Printed Firehawk Rocket Fuel

Solid rocket fuel is typically cast molded, which means the rocket goo is dumped into a tube and set to dry for 30+ days. Not only does this create air pockets and structural deficiencies, but it also creates a hazardous burn. This production method is outdated, so Ron Jones took his background in structural composites and developed a new method of production for rocket fuel. He discovered that 3D printing the fuel would produce a solid, well-designed structure that will not vibrate, break apart, and has a consistent burn!

They work!

Our 31 rocket engine tests produced incredible results. Not only did we design a rocket engine in 4 months powered by 3D printed fuel, but it was able to throttle.

That's right! Our hybrid rocket engine can stop, restart, and throttle down to 10% while in use! On top of this, our engine only has 12 parts and will not accidentally detonate.

Below is a video of a 550 LBF thrust test and a graph of our rocket engine parts.

Now, we are ready to take on the world.

Firehawk is working with several partners to design and develop our rocket engines for different purposes and every day we get to improve upon what we've built. The next iteration of our engine involves using nano aluminum powder, which will further increase the performance of our engine. The safe use of nano aluminum is covered in one of our five patents. Working with all of these partners requires a lot of travel, thankfully our fuel makes traveling easy.

When we are done on earth, we plan to go to the moon.

Our engine is the best-suited rocket engine for lunar landers not only due to its safety but because of our fuels storability and ability to be composed of resources found on the moon. We are excited about our future and would love to have you join us in helping make space travel safer and more affordable.

Market Growth

Use of Funds

47% of our $2mm seed round will go towards the testing of our 5,000 LBF thrust rocket engine in October. The remaining 53% will be spent on organization development and contract acquisitions. Our 5,000 LBF thrust test  will be significant by showing our safe, clean, and low cost rocket engine can perform at operational scale. It will be a new era for rocket propulsion.


Solid Fuel Grain for a Hybrid Propulsion System of a Rocket and Method for Manufacturing Same:
(U.S. Patent No. 9,453,479 Jones Sep. 27, 2016)

Additive Manufactured Thermoplastic-Aluminum Nanocomposite Hybrid Rocket Fuel Grain and Method of Manufacturing Same:
(U.S. Patent Number 9,822,045)

Persistent Vortex Generating High Regression Rate Solid Fuel Grain for a Hybrid Rocket Engine and Method for Manufacturing Same:
(U.S. Patent Number 9,822,045)

Additive manufactured thermoplastic-nanocomposite aluminum hybrid rocket fuel grain and method of manufacturing Same:
(U.S. Patent Number 10,286,599)

Persistent vortex generating high regression rate solid fuel grain for a hybrid rocket engine Same:
(U.S. Patent Number 10,286,599)