$1 BILLION DOLLARS!
Have you seen the latest spirit acquisition done by Diageo? They are buying George Clooney’s Casamigos tequila, valued at an impressive $1 billion. Did you also know there have been many other deals recently? Here are some of them:
- The Beach Whiskey Company, a national spirits company, took on American Harvest Vodka, which is an American-made organic vodka.
- Constellation Brands Inc. has acquired craft whiskey maker, High West Distillery, for $160 million.
- Pernod Ricard purchased a majority stake in West Virginia craft whiskey distillery, Smooth Ambler. (undisclosed sum)
- Pernod Ricard also took a majority stake in the number one mezcal brand in the US, Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal. (undisclosed sum)
- Rémy Cointreau acquired Seattle-based Westland Distillery. (undisclosed sum)
- Bacardi bought out Louisville-based Angel’s Envy whiskey. (undisclosed sum)
- Super premium Bulldog Gin was sold to Gruppo Campari for approximately $58 million cash.
We also wanted to share some press we with fellow WeFunders, Avuá Cachaça (https://wefunder.com/avuacachaca) in a trade publication before the biggest industry event of the year Tales of the Cocktail.
Who knows Avuá is trying to do for Cachaça what Patron did for Tequila, so maybe they could be the next Billion dollar brand?