#Startup #Job #SF #YC #MIT #DataScientist #UIUXDesigner #FrontEndDeveloper #SalesExecutive Smarking Openings, HOT!! #1 Data Scientist (https://angel.co/smarking/jobs/56852-data-scientist) SKILLS Python, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, SQL LOCATION San Francisco COMPENSATION $80K – $160K Salary 0.25% – 1.5% Equity If you are wondering how your magical skill-set in data analytics can create tremendous value in a hundred billion dollar industry, this is your answer! We are a team of MIT grads and Y Combinator alum. We are building a pillar platform that aggregates the businesses's data in the parking industry to eventually solve the notorious parking searching problem. To start with, we provide a SaaS solution that collects, analyzes, and visualizes data for parking businesses to help them significantly improve their business performances. This is an industry that generates hundreds of billion dollars a year worldwide, but still mostly uses paper and Excel to analyze their business data. We cleaned and structured raw data, then apply machine learning and optimization techniques to predict occupancy rates over time. Using predictions, we dynamically lower prices to increase the utilization rates of parking spaces. It helps garage owners make more money and help customers find parking more easily at the same time. We are eager to meet you if you are: - A firm believer of the value of data analytics in traditional industries, and obsessed to use math to solve real-world problems; - A data guru who can quickly parse, manipulate, and analyze data from multiple sources and formats; - Proficient in Python. Experience with Python analytics libraries (numpy, pandas, etc.) is a big plus; - Familiar with Linux development environments. Familar with SQL and git; - Experienced in machine learning, statistics, and optimization. If you would like to know more about our big vision and works in progress, please email our CEO Wen Sang at
. Please attach your resume. We look forward to talking to you soon!
#2 UI/UX and Graphic Designer
Web Design, Graphic Design, Design, User Interface Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, D3.js, Angular.JS, Sketch
$80K – $160K Salary
0.25% – 1.5% Equity
Want to use your design skills to bring a $30 billion industry (USA) into a new age? Smarking welcomes you!
We are a team of MIT PhDs and Y Combinator (W15) alumni that collect, analyze, and visualize real-time data for parking businesses. The parking industry generates $30 billion in revenue a year in the US alone, but still uses paper and Excel spreadsheets to analyze their data. This leads to bad customer service, and millions in untapped revenue.
Starting from messy raw data, we produce beautiful charts and dashboards for parking managers to help better understand their operations in real time. We also visualize data for parking customers to help match the supply and demand.
- Produce beautiful mock-ups of charts that visualize real-time data, historical data, and predictions
- Design intuitive user interfaces that make it easy to find aggregated data (e.g. Average occupancy on Saturdays, revenue from people arriving at 5pm, etc.);
- Work closely with clients and users to understand their needs and blow them away with awesome designs
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design beautiful user interfaces (e.g. personal website, dribbble, behance, cargo etc).
- Be self motivated: Have the drive to take charge in projects from the initial client engagement to deployment.
- Great communication skills: Should be able to effectively articulate your design decisions to both clients and developers.
- Experience building mockups using software such as, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
Things that will make you stand out:
- Advanced front-end development skills and experience with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS and D3.js
- Extensive experience working with CSS3 animations
- Able to produce animated mockups using Photoshop or After Effects
#3 Front-end Developer
$80K – $160K Salary
0.25% – 1.5% Equity
If you are also looking to use your skills to reshape a hundred-billion-dollar industry, we want to meet you!
We are a team of MIT PhDs and YCombinator alumi. We collect, analyze, and visualize data in real-time for parking businesses. This is an industry that generates a hundred billion dollar revenue a year worldwide, but still mostly uses paper and Excel to analyze data. Through data analytics and visualization, we help business owners better understand their daily operations, and monitor them in real time. We also aggregate parking data and provide useful information for people looking for parking spaces.
We are looking for an outstanding front-end developer who is
- Experienced with the Angular.js framework;
- Familiar with the d3.js visualization library and able to implement highly-customized dashboards and charts;
- Capable of quick prototyping from existing mock-up user interfaces;
- The ability of doing user interface design is a big plus.
If you would like to know more about our big vision and works in progress, please email our CEO Wen Sang at . Please attach your resume. We look forward to talking to you soon!
#4 Sales Executive
SaaS, Sales, Sales Strategy and Management, Sales and Marketing, DaaS, SaaS Sales
San Francisco Bay Area
$80K – $160K Salary
0.0% – 0.25% Equity
Smarking is seeking experienced B2B enterprise sales executives. The perfect candidates has a passion for solving the parking problem, loves big data, and can articulate technically complex products in clear, concise ways. As an early member of the team, you'll build a sales pipeline from qualified leads to start and manage enterprise relationships, help refine the sales process, manage the sales cycle, negotiate pricing and close deals to achieve annual targets.
Your experience identifying problems and suggesting solutions, as well as building relationships over the phone/online meetings and locating key decision makers within prospective accounts will be crucial to your success.
- Aggressively qualify leads for their potential
- Are organized and diligent about making sure you understand and record information about each customer
- Spend your time prospecting bigger deals to increase their pipeline
- Provide tailored demos for our customers
- Understand consultative sales and can identify the parts of Smarking products that are likely to solve customers' immediate problems
- Can pick up the need-to-know technical aspects of the product quickly
- Are hungry and very performance driven
- Work at 10X levels to achieve steady pipeline growth
- Must have been a top performer in previous/current Sales role.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience selling SaaS or DaaS
- Have a college or university equivalent degree